Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I hope this Christmas day finds you in good health and spirit. I've been spending the day with my family. It's our tradition to get up early, open presents and then take a nap. Well, this year, we changed it a bit. We went to see Dream Girls this morning. In a word, the movie was -- AWESOME. Sitting between my close friends and surrounded by family, I couldn't have been happier.

Everything they've been saying about Jennifer Hudson is true. She was terrific. Some people might be surprised to find out that Beyonce's role is really not that robust. But, that's the nature of the story. She was as good as she could be with such a limited speaking part. And yes, when Jennifer sang THAT SONG she rocked it! The crowd clapped. My best friend had to hand me a tissue, because I got a little misted. :-) Her performance was so passionate and heartbreaking and poignant.

Beyonce's song, Listen was really good too. But, since we didn't get to see as much of the relationship between her and Curtis/Jamie it didn't have the same impact as THAT SONG. Anyway, I would suggest you check out the movie. Oh and did I mention James THUNDER Early? Eddie was soo good in that role. Go see it.

Holla

No comments: