Thursday, November 30, 2006

New Toy

So, I got a new toy last night. A 30GB iPod. I figure this could be considered a christmas present to myself. That's my justification.

So, anyway, why was I up until the wee hours loading all of my favorite music onto it?? This was no easy task. I found myself prioritizing my music. Artists I can't live without, Diana Ross, Lauryn Hill (Miseducation era), Jill Scott, Michael Jackson, Al Green, Jay Z, Talib Kweli. Then there was the chillaxin music, Musiq, Dwele, Harry Connick, Jamiroquai. And for my spiritual side, I have to add that Kirk Franklin - Hero and all of my Mary Mary.

But, I couldn't forget about my old school favorites,

'This is it what. Lucini from the sky. Let's get rich what...'


Camp Lo. Yep, I bought that CD. I loved that song, gotta upload that. And what about the Lost Boyz? Jeeps, Lex Coups, Bimaz & Benz and Renee. That Legal Drug Money CD was the bomb. And what about Salt & Peppa, I can't forget them. I can create my own Hip Hop Honors playlist. This is dope!

It seems like every few years, I have a new life soundtrack. So, while I was sitting there sorting through CD's, I couldn't help but reminisce about what I was doing when those songs came out. And if the memories were good, I just added it to the playlist. In a way, I can edit my life movie with this new toy. I can leave the unpleasant memories on the CD shelf. I don't have to carry them with me. How great is that? :-)

I'm no where near finished with my little project. I've still got a zillion memories to upload.

Holla

No comments: