Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Update



I had a very interesting 2nd anniversary weekend. On Friday a sudden change in plans led me to a happy hour with my sister and her friends. She and I don't get to hang out often so, it was nice to spend time with her and get to know her friends. We ate, drank and danced a little. I realized that I'm a younger man magnet. Why weren't these same kind of guys trying to talk to me when I was in my 20's? Maybe because I looked 12 then. Whatever.

Saturday, I vegged out most of the day then spent the other half in search of the perfect pair of jeans. I don't know why but, I think the perfect pair of jeans will make my life so much easier. I have over 30 pairs in my closet that seem to say otherwise though. At any rate, I settled on a pair of Joe's Jeans to be my denim elixir for the next few months.

Skating was a blast. Overall, it was a very chill crowd. There were a few standouts though. Like the man in the black and gold biker shorts, yellow headband and braid down his back. We couldn't really knock him though, he was a great skater. Then there were the regulars. This was a group of guys that basically dominated the rink. They were doing all kinds of tricks and moves. They were the bomb. I set out to learn how to do all the stuff they were doing. The only difference is that I did mine on the carpet. Hey, you've gotta start somewhere. After my first few times around the rink, most of my old Shake & Bake skills came back. It was a great workout too. I'll post a pic of my warm up routine tomorrow.






Well, I'm going back to sleep now. I'll post again later. I've got alot to talk about...

Holla

ETA: The pix I promised











No comments: