Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Good Day Turned Bad

So, on my way home from work last night 5-0 pulled me over when I was a few blocks from my destination. I was pissed because 1. I didn't think I'd done anything wrong and 2. I was a few blocks from home. Give me a break.

So, I roll down the window and say to the cop.
"What are you pulling me over for?"
He said, "Give me your license and registration and I'll discuss that with you."
So, I pull my license out and I can't find my registration in my glove compartment.
"Here's my license. I don't have my registration on me."
"You don't have your registration?"
"No. I don't have my registration on me."
He proceeds to tell me that he pulled me over because I almost hit him. He and I both saw this other car jump into my lane and I swerved to avoid hitting that car. I guess I jumped in his lane as a result. I explained that to him.

He agreed that was how it went down.

So, I'm thinking, why the heck are you sitting here talking to me then. Shouldn't you be bothering the real bad driver?
Long story short, he runs my license. Finds nothing and comes back to give me a 'warning' and no tickets. I was glad that I didn't get a ticket but, I was pissed that he had tried to ruin what was an otherwise good day.

Oh, and the other bad thing that happened was that I saw Ashton. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't think he was the biggest jerk since 2003. Everytime I think about his jerkdom I want to spit. Of course, there are two sides to every story. Unfortunately, he never tried to communicate his side. Oh well, life goes on but you can't escape Karma.

No comments: