Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Aunt Jackie

If you spend a little bit of time surfing the net or flipping channels you are bound to run into Aunt Jackie. I found her when I stumbled across MTV's Dances From the Hood. This ridiculous show teaches the masses how to do all those little regional dances that the sistas and brothas make up in their free time. On the day I watched the show, they were featuring a dance called the Aunt Jackie. Apparently, this dance accompanies a song of the same name. Or maybe the song accompanies the dance, I'm not really clear on that. I'm only sharing this with you so that you will be in the know when you hit your family reunions this year. I know how frustrating it is to see the kids gyrating about without any idea what they're doing. I'm NOT sharing this with you so that you too can go out and start doing the Aunt Jackie at the club. Just don't do it! I'm sure I read somewhere that you have to be under 25 to do these dances. :-)

Anyway, read all about it on Slate....http://www.slate.com/id/2168867/fr/flyout

Holla

No comments: