Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday in Houston

Howdy from the great state of Texas!

I've been in Long Horn country since Monday morning. First I was in Austin, this morning I flew into Houston. Unfortunately this is a biz trip, not much pleasure. Still, the weather is mild and sunny. Last night my colleagues and I went to 6th street in Houston. It's kind of like the village in NYC and kind of like Haight-Ashbury in San Fran. This was my first time in Austin, so, I was looking forward to seeing what the city has to offer. There were many blocks of restaurants, bars and clubs on this strip, but, since it was a Tuesday night and since U of Texas is not back in session yet, it was pretty dead. Still, we stopped at a little (by Texas standards, big by everyone else's) bar for some drinks and a friendly game of fooz-ball to let off some steam. How strange is it that I've NEVER played fooz-ball before? LOL I had a blast. Now, I can add that to my repertoire.

Tonight we'll probably go out to some typically Texas restaurant for dinner. I am looking forward to getting back to my room and having some 'me-time'. My social battery is running low.

Well, I've gotta rush off to a meeting now. Enjoy your day. I'll try to post again before I head home on Friday.

Holla

No comments: