Friday, October 13, 2006

Superstition

Happy Friday the 13th!

Be careful not to step on any cracks, else you break your mother's back.

Watch out for black cats crossing your path.

Don't sweep anyone's feet, but if you do, spit on the broom so they won't go to jail.

What are some of the crazy, nonsensical superstitions that you grew up hearing?

Holla

ETA:

I had to call my mom to get more of those crazy superstitions she told us when we were kids. Here's what she came up with:

  • Don't brake a mirror, else you'll get 7 years of bad luck.
    Don't buy a man a pair of shoes, else he'll walk away from you.
  • For that matter, don't give him a watch, else he realize it's TIME to leave you. (can't help but laugh at that one.)
    Don't open an umbrella indoors. I don't know what bad thing will happen if you do that.
    If you spill salt, you must throw some over your right shoulder. Please don't ask me why.
  • If it rains while the sun remains shining, it means the devil is beating his wife. I bet y'all didn't know that Lucifer was married did ya?
  • You must flush shedded hair, if you throw it in the garbage, you will get a migraine because the birds, I guess at the landfill, will peck it. I know, don't ask.
    And finally, if while walking down the street with a companion the two of you walk on opposite sides of a pole, you MUST say PEANUT BUTTER/JELLY and I haven't the slightest idea why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you drink to much coffee you will not grow