Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Been Away...

I hope you haven't felt neglected in my absence. It really feels like fall and I'm so bummed out about it so, I've been hibernating.

Here are a few things I'm into right now...

MTV Video Awards - Was I the only one that thought it was anti-climactic? Something about the heat in Miami made the show hotter. Beyonce's performance was hot. Besides the fact that she can actually sing, she really channeled my beloved Janet for that one.

The Wire - I caught the season premiere. It's on onDemand if you have digital cable. I still haven't gotten over the fact that there is no more Stringer Bell (Lawd that man is FINE!), but nonetheless, I'm excited for the new season. This is the best show on television. I wonder if people that are not from Baltimore appreciate how real it is. How much of the Carcetti storyline are they taking from O'Malley's actual ascent to Mayor?

Nip/Tuck - Sanaa Lathan is on the show now. She looks amazing. I can see it now, Christian is soo going to try to get with her. You'd have to be blind not to see this one coming.

Corrine Bailey Rae- I know. I'm soo late getting on this bandwagon, but her CD seemed really appropriate this weekend. It's kinda sad but soulful and heartfelt and earnest. It's my new day-to-day life soundtrack.

Garden Salsa Sun Chips - These chips are delicious. They taste kinda like Doritos, but they are better for you. The perfect accoutrement to a rainy day stuck in the house watching movies.

Sidney Poitier - I'd seen some of his movies, but with all of the movie remakes and other garbage in the theaters, I decided to watch some classics. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. To Sir, With Love. For the Love of Ivy. I wasn't surprised to realize what a great actor he is. But, I was surprised to find out how timeless the movies were. Aside from the wardrobe in some cases, the situations and dialogue could take place in present day. You almost forget that you're watching films almost 40 years old.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Maybe you'll look at my list and decide to try something new or maybe you have suggestions for me to try.

Holla

No comments: