Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday - The Calm Before the Storm

Well, our area is getting yet another winter weather advisory today. Tomorrow we're supposed to see snow, freezing rain, sleet and whatever else is included in a 'wintry mix'. I will definately be working from home if the roads look risky in the a.m.

The Alvin Ailey performance was incredible on Friday. My favorite piece is called Love Stories. It's a contemporary piece that begins with spoken words by Ailey himself, set to a thumping house music beat. Oh my goodness, it was hot! Everytime I see that piece I want to go straight to the club afterwards. Another segment was set to Stevie Wonder music. If you ever get the chance to go and check them out, go for it. Next month, I'm going to see Philadanco perform. Their performances are much cheaper and I figure their work is in the same vein as AA. I'll let you know. I'm on a quest to do something 'artsy' each month. That really feeds my soul.

Well, I've got to get back to work now. I'll check in again tomorrow.

Pray for a snow day...

Holla

No comments: