Monday, August 13, 2007

Where Are My Bags?

"No...I haven't seen any bags come out yet."

"indistinguishable phone chatter"

"I'm waiting right here on the lower level. I guess they should be coming out soon."

"indistinguishable phone chatter"

Is this lady expecting her bags to come directly off the plane after her? Should I let her know what's up? What the heck..."Excuse me Ms. I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Baggage Claim is downstairs."

"indistinguishable phone chatter"

"Hold on, honey."

"Huh?" She said while turning to me.

"Baggage claim is down one level." I said to the woman.

She turned to speak into the phone again, "I'll just wait right here for you to come."

"My bags are downstairs?" She asked me with a confused look on her face.

"Yes, ma'am. And your family can not meet you here. They will need a boarding pass to get beyond security. "

"Honey, let me call you back." She ended her call.

With a worried look on her face, "Now where do I go for my bags?"

"Just follow the signs that read 'Baggage Claim'. You must go down one level. Your family can meet you there."

Rushes off. "Oh thank you so much."

"You're welcome."

Poor lady. This senior citizen travelling alone was waiting for her bags at the departure gate. She would've been waiting there all day.

Good deed for today? Check!

Holla

No comments: