Monday, October 25, 2010

Today Was a Good Day!

Today I started a new job. Thank God!

I had been with my old company for a long time. For the last 18 months, I experienced the most horrific workplace drama ever. Each night I would pray that God gave me strength and grace to deal with the situation without getting fired. The economy was in the first official stages of the Great Recession and I felt like I was fortunate to at least have a job, so I was not in a hurry to do anything to jeopardize it.

Looking back on it. I behaved like a house slave. I was treated horribly, but because I knew people in worse situations, I felt like I should be grateful. What complete and utter bullshit.* I kept thinking back to the time when I was fired out of the blue. I felt devastated then and I honestly didn't think I could get through that again.

Well, after my most recent performance rating decision, I started seeing things clearly. I started thinking that not only did I not deserve to be treated with such blatant disrespect, but I could do better! I know now that was divine inspiration. Sometimes you just need The Most High to yank you by the collar be like,

'Fool what are you doing?'**
'This is not the path that I set for you. You keep hitting roadblocks because I want you to go the OTHER WAY!"

So, one day it all just seemed really clear. I needed to make a move. Create a plan. Complete step 1 of that plan.

I'm about 3 steps in now I finally feel like I'm swimming downstream.

Holla

PB



*I didn't mean to be blasphemous in a testimony post, but 'crap' just isn't passionate enough.
*Yes, Jesus is my homeboy and he speaks in urban colloquialisms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U left the plantation!!

It’s soo hard to leave the familiar in this economy, even when you know it’s not for you.

You are a “Super Star” .. Go Penni!!

WA

Penni Brown said...

Thanks WA!